Prior to using Fuse, Margaux experienced overstocks in non-core, low volume SKUs tying up thousands of dollars of capital.
- Concerned about offering customers variety from a size and color perspective resulted in over-ordering low volume SKUs
- Launching new styles and colors with limited data on performance of similar SKUs
- Huge volume of SKUs given multiple styles, colors and sizes
- High-level process with a lot of manual guess work in Excel, but long lead times require precise forecasting
- Fuse’s system neatly organizes all of Margaux’s sales history providing clear visibility into sales by color, style and size
- Fuse automatically generates a demand forecast completing the time consuming, manual work the company used to do in Excel automatically and with greater accuracy
- Fuse seamlessly centralizes Margaux’s demand forecast, sales history, inventory levels and open POs
- Cleaner, simpler, more streamlined data with a central source of truth for demand, sales, inventory and POs
- Accurate forecasting with minimal time investment
- Increased precision in inventory buying and replenishment reducing stockouts and overstocks
AT A GLANCE
Hundreds of SKUs
Rapidly scaling start-up
2 month lead time
Margaux is dedicated to quality and customer experience above all else. Given the variety of product offered in many colors and sizes, it was hard to keep track of historical performance and leverage that data to forecast demand. Margaux wanted to make sure that each and every customer that came to the site could get the exact product in the exact size she wanted. This dedication to quality resulted in overstocking lower volume SKUs, tying up tens of thousands of dollars of capital. Without additional visibility into the data, it was a tough challenge to avoid. With Fuse, Margaux can now easily see their sales data, inventory levels, open POs and place their inventory buys with confidence.
At the same time, the company was experiencing stock-outs in its most popular, best selling colors like black and navy. Given long lead times and poor visibility into the data, it was difficult to properly forecast demand and re-order core colors in a timely manner. As a result, some of the most popular SKUs were back-ordered, creating a huge missed revenue opportunity. By seamlessly automating Margaux’s demand forecast and connecting it to current inventory levels, Fuse can proactively alert the operations team to impending stock-outs.